CHIEF SCRIBES, LEAD TRAINERS & CORPORATE TAKE ON LEADERSHIP TRAINING (& FUN!)
From August 16 to 17, 2016, we were pleased to bring together more than 100 individuals from across the nation for the biannual PhysAssist Scribes Leadership Conference. Chief Scribes, Lead and Head Trainers, as well as new and tenured corporate employees, gathered at the Hurst Conference Center in Hurst, TX, for an exciting event.
What started in 2012 as a small group of Chief Scribes meeting with home office members for team building and training development has now turned into a large-scale trade-show style forum for collaboration, sharing of ideas and leadership training.
Have photos from the August Leadership Conference? Instagram them! #PHYSLC16.
(Click here to read about the Conference held in January 2016.)
Attendees alternated between focus sessions and interactive talks to learn, network and share ideas on training, scribe management techniques and ways to engage their teams. During breaks, they had the opportunity to chat with operational staff from various departments, including staffing and training, to learn more how each supports their individual scribe teams.
Some highlights from the PhysAssist Scribes Leadership Conference include:
- Panel presentation from PhysAssist VPs, three of whom were previously scribes.
- Engaging discussion on conflict resolution and employee engagement with Cynthia Young, Assistant Vice President, UT Southwestern Hospital.
- Captivating talk by Sam Crowley, MD, emergency room physician and Chief of Staff at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall, on what it takes to be a good scribe and eventually a great provider.
- Thought-provoking session with Gregory Stephens, President of Choice Consulting, on how to manage crucial conversations with peers and managers.
- An energy-revving PhysGotTalent showcase, where attendees showed off some of their hidden skills.
- A live drawing for Phys It Forward winners (our scribe referral program allowing for great prizes such as scholarships and awesome gifts). Have a friend who wants to be a scribe? Email your Operations Manager today!
- First Place: Seth Sturgill from East Dallas, TX
- Second Place: Wojciech Dzieza from Naples, FL
- Third Place: Monica Perez from Hollywood, FL
- Fourth Place: Chantelle Martinez from Las Vegas, NV
Check out some photos from the PhysAssist Scribes Leadership Conference August 2016 below. Have more shots? Post them on Instagram #PHYSLC16.