This September, PhysAssist Scribes set out to be here now and identify ways to live a healthy lifestyle both at work and at home. In an effort to be coachable, here are some suggestions to help off load the stress during day to day work situations:
Work Out the Burn Out
- If you are always thinking about work and can't seem to get it off your mind even after hours, you are putting yourself at risk for potential burn out
- To prevent burn out try slipping in a workout during your lunch break or take time to eat lunch with your coworkers
- The key take away here is to take your breaks and enjoy them
Deadlines on Deadlines
- While working hard to meet a deadline it is easy to get caught up in the moment and forget to take a breath
- Avoid stress-promoting thoughts and be sure you are setting S.M.A.R.T. goals for yourself
- If you are almost to the finish line and hit a wall try taking a quick walk or just stretching at your desk
Pressure of Presentations
- Sometimes presenting new ways to drive change can be nerve racking
- Focused breathing is a great way to relieve stress because you can do it anywhere
- Try these stretches and breathing tips to help with pre-presentation anxiety and nervousness
Combine these stress relieving tips with the healthy eating options that can be found on our Health Awareness Month Pinterest board and you are on your way to a healthy lifestyle!
Just because September ends doesn't mean the initiative to live a healthy lifestyle is over. Your PhysFam is here to celebrate together as we continue to deliver results! Share some of your healthy habits through social media and don't forget to use the hashtag #Physpiration!