Biggest and Best One YET!
In 2012, a small group of PhysAssist Chief Scribes met with home office members to work on team building and training development. In no time at all, the PhysAssist Scribes Leadership Conference grew into a large-scale event, with our biggest and most successful one yet held from January 6 to 7, 2016.
Our headquarters hosted 52 Chief Scribes, 50 new and tenured employees, 15 Lead and Head Trainers and one Scribe of the Year in a huge leadership development event featuring workshops, lectures, amazing PhysAssist giveaways, and of course, lots of fun at the Hurst Conference Center, TX.
[Click "read more" or scroll down to view a slide show of the event.]
Have more photos? Post them on Instagram #PHYSLC16.
Attendees alternated between collaborative focus sessions and interactive talks to learn, network and share ideas on training, scribing and ways to engage with scribes in our 33+ facilities across the country. During breaks, they had the opportunity to chat with operational support staff from various departments, including staffing and training, for one-on-one conversations and Q&A's. Highlights of the Conference included:
- Panel discussion with PhysAssist VPs, three of whom were previously scribes
- High-energy sessions on effective communication with Jennifer Whitman, co-founder at Professional Performance Consultants
- Captivating talk by ER physician Dr. Sam Crowley on what it takes to be a good scribe and eventually a great provider by ER physician
- Engaging session with James Bird Guess, CEO and President of International Success Academy, on how to lead the charge on change
- And of course, no scribe event is complete without a hilarious ICD-10 decoding activity and a colossal rock-paper-scissors battle
See photos from the event below. Have more shots? Post them on Instagram #PHYSLC16.
Check back soon for exclusive videos from the PhysAssist Scribe Leadership Conference Winter '16!